AIR QUALITY UPDATE As of August 15, 2021, Sunday
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) levels in parts of Luzon are currently high due to the activity of the 2 volcanoes (Taal Volcano and a Submarine Volcano in Fukutoku-Okanoba in Japan).
WHAT TO EXPECT?
– Vog (volcanic smog) is affecting the mentioned areas as Taal Volcano and a submarine volcano in Japan are still producing Sulfur Dioxide due to its activity. Air quality in these areas are expected to reach unhealthy levels. Hazy conditions are expected.
AREAS THAT ARE EXPERIENCING VOG:
– Ilocos Norte
– Ilocos Sur
– La Union
– Benguet including Baguio City
– Mountain Province
– Nueva Vizcaya
– Nueva Ecija
– Metro Manila
– Oriental Mindoro
– Occidental Mindoro
WHAT TO DO?
• Limit your exposure outside. Stay indoors as much as possible. Keep the doors and windows close to avoid the vog from entering your house.
• Wear mask to cover your nose and to avoid inhaling vog. Wear also sunglasses as it can offer protection for your eyes.
• Always hydrate yourself to reduce throat irritation.
The next update will be posted tomorrow. Keep monitoring for updates.