|A BUILDING Permit is required prior to construction, erection, alteration, major repair, or renovation or conversion of any building/structure owned by government or private entities.
The permit becomes null and void if work does not commence within 1 year from the date of such permit, or if the building or work is suspended or abandoned at any time after it has been commenced for a period of 120 days
Requirements: (Available Forms)
- Application Forms (Building, Sanitary/Plumbing, Electrical,) – 5 copies
- Lot PlanCertification of a Geodetic Engineer (GE) that the proposed building will not encroach on adjoining properties – 5 copies
- Site Development Plan indicating the setback/yard distances at the front, sides and back with Perspective – 5 copies
- Building Plans (Architectural, Structural, Sanitary/Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical) – 5 sets
- Bill of Materials and Cost Estimates – 4 copies
- Specifications – 4 copies
- Title of Property (Transfer Certificate of Title) – 4 copies
- Deed of Sale/Lease Contract/Contract to Sell, if the TCT is not in the name of the owner/applicant – 4 copies
- Latest Tax Declaration and Certificate of Real Property Tax Payment – 4 copies
- Construction Logbook – 1 piece
- Structural Design Computations with Seismic analysis which conform to the latest NSCP – for 2 storeys and above or 1 storey with attic / mezzanine /roof deck / penthouse – 2 copies
- Previous approved plan or permit in case of addition, alteration and renovation – 2 copies
- Certification regarding structural stability of existing foundation in case of addition – 2 copies
- Plate Load Test Analysis – for 3 storeys or 2 storeys with attic/ mezzanine/roof deck/penthouse – 2 copies
- Soil Boring Test Result – for 4 storeys and above or 3 storeys and above with attic/mezzanine/roof deck/penthouse – 2 copies
- Clearances from other government agencies exercising regulatory functions – 2 copies. Such regulatory agencies are:
- Municipal Planning and Development Office – for zoning and land use of all types of building/structures
- Bureau of Fire Protection – for all types of buildings/structures
- Environment and Natural Resources Office / Department of Environment and Natural Resources – for all commercial and industrial buildings
- Department of Education – for educational buildings
- Energy Regulatory Board – for gasoline stations
To facilitate processing, please take note of the following before submitting the plans and other requirements above to the Municipal Engineer Office (MEO):
- Requirements of the National Building Code
- Requirements of the Referral Codes (Architectural Code, Philippine Electrical Code [PEC], Revised Plumbing Code, Structural Code [NSCP], Mechanical Engineering Code [PSME])
- Compliance with BP 344 (Accessibility Law) shall be indicated in detail on plans for commercial, institutional and public buildings
- All revisions/additions made in the plans shall have an acknowledgement of the designer.
- Special Power of Attorney shall be provided if the owner is not the signatory in all application forms, plans and documents.
- All application forms and letters must be properly filled-up with all the necessary information available.
- Forms and letters, Plans, Specifications, Bill of Materials and Cost Estimates and other pertinent documents must be signed and sealed by the designer and signed by the owner
- Please refer to the Revised Building Code or Municipal Revenue Tax Code